[Pipet Devel] Another XML proposal - Part 3.

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at bc.edu
Mon Apr 5 11:20:49 EDT 1999

"J.W. Bizzaro" wrote:

> An alternative might have been for the local app broker to tell the remote app
> broker that it has the right viewer.  But if you think about it, how would the
> local app broker know what GUI the returning biodata would need.

I thought about it some more, and it might work like this:

  LocalAppBroker:   Here is biodata in LocusML 3.5.
                    I want to align these two nucleotide sequences.

  RemoteAppBroker:  I have nucleotide sequence aligner 2.7.
                    Let me check.
                    Okay.  That will require viewer 5.6.

  LocalAppBroker:   I don't have that.  Send it embedded in the LocusML.

If the local app broker (or user's installation) does have the right viewer...

  LocalAppBroker:   Here is biodata in LocusML 3.5.
                    I want to align these two nucleotide sequences.

  RemoteAppBroker:  I have nucleotide sequence aligner 2.7.
                    Let me check.
                    Okay.  That will require viewer 5.6.

  LocalAppBroker:   I have that.  Send just the results of the analysis.

J.W. Bizzaro                  mailto:bizzaro at bc.edu
Boston College Chemistry      http://www.uml.edu/Dept/Chem/Bizzaro/