[Pipet Devel] Loci meeting?

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at bc.edu
Tue Aug 3 17:54:43 EDT 1999

"J. Steinbachs" wrote:

> Here's another thought....
> What about doing a Loci poster/exhibit/talk at one of the Linux
> conferences?

I've been trying to promote Loci to the open source community as a
general-purpose "data-processing system", since the core will not incorporate
any biology-specific features.  And because nearly all open source applications
are for productivity, Loci would fit right in.  We could say that Loci is an
extension of Gnome, which it really is if we're making use of ORBit, GNORBA,
GDOME, GNOME-XML, etc.  So yes, we could and probably should present Loci at a
Linux or open source conference.  My personal desire, however, is to get more
involved in bioinformatics than general-purpose programming, so I'd put a
bioinformatics conference higher on my priorities list.  But that's just me :-)

                   |           J.W. Bizzaro             |
                   |      jeff at bioinformatics.org       |
                   |       THE OPEN COLLABORATORY       |
                   |    FOR MOLECULAR BIOINFORMATICS    |