[Pipet Devel] Brad: I've got a little task for you

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Mon Dec 20 13:36:49 EST 1999

Brad,

Since you're working on containers and getting into PyGTK, how about making a
prototype widget to go in the windowlet of a container: a list widget.

Just name the file 'container_list.py' or whatever.  Look in the PyGTK
examples for a list widget.  You can put some fake values in for now.  As an
example of how Loci widgets are structured, look at 'testwidget1.py' (pasted
below) in loci-core.  Basically, we're making a 'composite widget' (no
relation to composite locus), which is a widget that inherits the objects of a
standard GTK widget.  So, WidgetMain inherits GtkVBox....

>from gtk import *
from gnome.ui import *

class WidgetMain(GtkVBox):

    get_type = GtkVBox(spacing=5).get_type()

    def __init__(self):

        self._o = GtkVBox(spacing=5)._o

        self.width = 150
        self.height = 50

        self.set_usize(self.width, self.height)

        self.set_border_width(5)

        w = GtkLabel('Label')
        self.add(w)
        w.show()

The actual widget I'm using here is a GtkLabel and is 'added' to self
(WidgetMain).

That's all that is really needed, and then I can get it to show up in the
windowlet.

                      |           THE OPEN LAB           |
                      |    Open Source Bioinformatics    |