[Pipet Devel] Petri Nets

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at bc.edu
Sun Jan 17 11:20:20 EST 1999

Carlos referred to "Petri Nets" in his e-mail.  For those not familiar with
Petri Nets (I was not), I found a Web site that gives an overview of Coloured
Petri Nets (CPN), an extension:

Petri Nets date back to the 60's.  They aren't directly applicable (I far as I
can tell) to our bioinformatics-specific communication model.  But they share
many similarities, particularly with the Glyphic Command Language we will use on
the benchtop to represent connected loci, documents, analyses, etc.

J.W. Bizzaro                  Phone: 617-552-3905
Boston College                mailto:bizzaro at bc.edu
Department of Chemistry       http://www.uml.edu/Dept/Chem/Bizzaro/