[Pipet Devel] GtkGLArea gets Python wrapper

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at bc.edu
Mon Jul 19 06:58:51 EDT 1999

Locians,

Very good news:

James Henstridge writes:

> In other news, I have added a wrapper for gtkglarea to pygtk.  There are a
> few examples in the examples/gl directory, including a translation of the
> mesa gears demo.  To use it, you will also need the PyOpenGL package.

GtkGLArea is the Gtk drawing area/widget for OpenGL:

    http://www.student.oulu.fi/~jlof/gtkglarea/

I wrote to James about making a Python wrapper for it, and well, he just did.
The bottom line for us is that we can make Python-based widgets for Loci to
render 3D models.  Very cool.  This brings us another step closer to integrating
AMMP and MMTk.

                   |           J.W. Bizzaro             |
                   |      jeff at bioinformatics.org       |
                   |       THE OPEN COLLABORATORY       |