[Pipet Devel] ORBit

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at bc.edu
Wed Jun 16 22:26:33 EDT 1999

This came from the GNOME update report.  Apparently, a Python backend to
ORBit/CORBA may be just around the corner.  Something to think about.

ORBit 0.4.90
         ===

         Elliot made a new release of ORBit; this has the rewritten IDL
         compiler, complete with a modular backend system so stubs can be
         generated for multiple languages. I noticed on orbit-list that Brian
Wallis
         has already fixed a couple of bugs and coded up an Eiffel backend -
         language backends can't be too hard to write, so maybe we'll see a lot
         of them in short order.

J.W. Bizzaro                  mailto:bizzaro at bc.edu
Boston College Chemistry      http://www.uml.edu/Dept/Chem/Bizzaro/