[Pipet Devel] An apology, Loci, gnome, and CORBA

Alan J. Williams Alan at TheWilliamsFamily.org
Thu Jun 24 13:59:23 EDT 1999

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Humberto Ortiz Zuazaga wrote:
 > Well, that's exactly my point. If we were going to just write a simple shell
 > over command line apps, we could just use python. If we want to do all the
 > other neat things we either have to:
 >
 > 1) write our own 100% python custom loci RPC, registry, xml, ... tools
 >
 > 2) write python bindings to standard, in use, well maintained tools
 >
 > 3) scrap python and write C/C++/java apps

My vote is for #2 or #3.

Alan Williams
University of California, Riverside   "Where observation is concerned,
Dept. of Botany and Plant Sciences     chance favors the prepared mind."
Alan at TheWilliamsFamily.org                         -- Louis Pasteur