[Pipet Devel] libraries - was more nice interfaces

Thomas.Sicheritz at molbio.uu.se Thomas.Sicheritz at molbio.uu.se
Tue Mar 2 04:17:45 EST 1999

 > > Que ? locus_ ? ... have I missed something ? Why locus ?
 >
 > You are talking about how modules and objects will be named, right?  To give
 > each a unique name so there is no confusion, I think names could start with
 > "locus", as in _one_ location, singular for loci.  PyGTK classes/objects are
 > named "gtk_whatever".

I c

 > What do you mean by "Que"?
They don't show "Fawlty Towers" oversea ? - ¿Que? is the spanish quote from
the a "continental cretin" ... (http://www.metronet.co.uk/cultv/fawlty.htm)

 > What do you think should be done regarding "namespace"?
This basic library - "loci" - should we build it as a shared library - load
on demand, or will it contain all vital structures/functions statically
linked to the core ... hmm ... in that case what is the core ?

A question concerning addon modules:
  If I am going to write new phylogenomic tools in e.g. pyhton - what do I
  need to think about to make the programs loci-compatible ?
  What should I tell other programmers ? Do we need a "locus style guide" ?

-thomas

--
Sicheritz Ponten Thomas E.  Department of Molecular Biology
blippblopp at linux.nu         BMC, Uppsala University

	De Chelonian Mobile ... The Turtle Moves ...