[Pipet Devel] interesting...

Thomas.Sicheritz at molbio.uu.se Thomas.Sicheritz at molbio.uu.se
Mon Mar 22 05:05:02 EST 1999

Peter Rice writes:

 > Thomas.Sicheritz at molbio.uu.se writes:
 > >There is no good treeviewing program for all platforms (read: nothing for
 > >Linux and Solaris which doesn't need 8bpp color mode)
 >
 > You could look at the European Bioinformatics Institute's hyperbolic
 > viewer for taxonomy. It can generalize to all kinds of tree-based data.
 >
 > http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~alan/BioWidget/

Thx - looks nice. But what I had in mind was more a viewer and editor.
- what about the performance - is this hyperbolic viewer really usable on a
normal workstation ?

(I really like the fish-eye views ...)

-thomas
--
Sicheritz Ponten Thomas E.  Department of Molecular Biology
blippblopp at linux.nu         BMC, Uppsala University

	De Chelonian Mobile ... The Turtle Moves ...