[Pipet Devel] important changes to docs

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Sun Nov 21 11:12:47 EST 1999

Locians,

***ALL DOCUMENTATION (INCLUDING THE DOCUMENTATION WEB PAGES THAT GARY
MADE) FOR LOCI WILL BE KEPT IN THE LOCI-DOC MODULE AND MODIFIED VIA THE
CVS SYSTEM.  AND THE CONTENTS OF LOCI-DOC WILL BE IN THE DOCUMENTATION
DIRECTORY ON THE WEB: THEY ARE TO BE THE SAME.

This way, Gary, David, myself and others can all work on parts of the
documentation from one source, and keep it in one place.

Major changes:

(1) What was in the root directory of the module

      loci-doc

    is now in

      loci-doc/manual/

(2) What was in the Web directory

      loci/documentation/

    is now in the root directory of the module

      loci-doc

    ***That Web directory is therefore the check(ed)out loci-doc from CVS.

(3) What was in the Web directory

      loci/documentation/official/

    which was simply the contents of loci-doc, is now

      loci/documentation/manual/

    and as mentioned above in (1) is in the module directory

      loci-doc/manual/

(4) The name 'Loci Documentation Project' previously described the
contents of the loci-doc module.  Since the contents are now in
loci-doc/manual, the name is 'Loci Users Manual'.  (This needs to be
changed still in the TOC, Gary.)

(5) The screenshots directory is used mostly by the documentation, so the
Web directory

      loci/screenshots/

    is now

      loci/documentation/screenshots/

    and is therefore in the module directory

      loci-doc/screenshots/

***I REPEAT: ALL DOCUMENTATION FOR LOCI WILL BE KEPT IN THE LOCI-DOC
MODULE AND MODIFIED VIA THE CVS SYSTEM.  AND THE CONTENTS OF LOCI-DOC WILL
BE IN THE DOCUMENTATION DIRECTORY ON THE WEB: THEY ARE THE SAME.

So, checkout a copy of loci-core.  If you make changes, then in the
loci-core directory type

    cvs commit

If you make changes directly on the server (Gary), type

    cvs commit

If you want to get the updated version after someone else made changes,
then from the directory, type

    cvs update

(You probably know the routine.)

                      |           THE OPEN LAB           |