[Pipet Devel] MARC: msg 'the MICO/CORBA issue.'

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at bc.edu
Mon Oct 11 19:03:15 EDT 1999

"J.W. Bizzaro" wrote:

> We won't be taking the high-bandwidth X-Windows approach of running
> low-level components interactively through the Internet.

Additional thought: Internet bandwidth may increase 10-fold in the next 10
years, making the interactive approach viable.  But on the other hand, the
number of people on the Internet may increase 10-fold.  In any case, the
software development world will be different, and who knows if players like
CORBA will still be used?

:-)
                         |        J.W. Bizzaro        |
                         |  jeff at bioinformatics.org   |