[Pipet Devel] abstract

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at bc.edu
Tue Sep 7 13:04:52 EDT 1999

Humberto Ortiz Zuazaga wrote:

> You're too kind, or really really sneaky, trying to embarrass us into doing
> more work. I don't feel worthy of being an author.

Maybe a little of both ;-)  Seriously, the current design comes from many months
of everyone on that list discussing how Loci might work, even if much of the
time I'm trying to explain myself (in such a case, my ideas were only sketchy
and writing about it brought out the parts that were unclear).  Plus, all of the
ideas (and work to come ;-) about CORBA and DOM come from you guys.

> > Numerous development
> > tools used include Python, GTK+ and the GNOME environment: CORBA, DOM, XML and
> > so on.
>
> How about, "Loci will be based on open data standards such as XML, and build
> on the Gnome user interface tools and CORBA."?

D'Oh!  The deadline was today, and I submitted last night :-/  Sorry.  That's
not a critical change to you, is it?

                         |        J.W. Bizzaro        |
                         |  jeff at bioinformatics.org   |
                         |        THE OPEN LAB        |