[Pipet Devel] Re: [Pipet Devel] summary for web page and announcements

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca
Tue Apr 25 08:42:41 EDT 2000

> So Hedgehog is a protein that coordinates cells to develop in a good
> way, and vsh is a program that coordinates programs and libraries to
> flow together in a good way.
>
>     Whadda you all think? The added advantages are that it has a easy
> acronym (hh) and that we can put pictures of hedgehogs on our site
> without people taking us away to the mental hospital :-)

I would prefer a name that has a meaning to everybody. Also, it has to reflect
the fact that you can use the software for many applications, from biology to
speech and image processing. I think it would be nice to have the word "flow" in
the name (that's why I chose "Overflow") if possible (but I won't complain too
much if we don't).

	Jean-Marc