[Pipet Devel] Choice of ORB implementations

jarl van katwijk jarl at casema.net
Wed Apr 5 01:47:01 EDT 2000

> > Are there considerations we should be taking into account?
>
> My big concern is licensing.  But I guess both are GNU L/GPL, right?

ORbit is GPL, not sure if's L/GPL or just plain, does this matter?

> > mention above? How can we reconcile this? Do we need, ugh, two
> > ORB implementations?
>
> Definitely not.

Hehe..
Brad & I are giving ORbit a try. The gnorba\goad stuff has to be out
for a while until Python has binding for it.

> Being partial to Gnome, and considering how much Gnome/Gtk is being used
> already, I'd prefer ORBit.

I'm in favoir for as much GNOME intergration as possible, but some faccets
wont be done right now, but once they are useable.