[Pipet Devel] VSH Security model

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Tue Apr 11 09:47:56 EDT 2000

jarl van katwijk wrote:

> Thinking the PL (overflow) hold all structures that come out the UI\DL. The BL
> holds a subset of this information needed for real life operation, like inet
> locations and encryption keys. The BL will define this information by applying
> static logic.

I'm a bit confused about how and why PL (Overflow) would hold the structure of
a distributed network of Overflow instances.  Overflow should hold its own
network structures, and the structures of Overflow instances should be
held...in the BL or DL?  No?

> I though this DL's sharing it's nodes with another DL is something that Loci would
> have gotten?

I think there is some similarity between your idea for DL-sharing and Loci's
plan for the UI's/DL's to 'share a session'.  Brad, you are familiar with both
ideas.  Could we be talking about the same thing here?

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |