[Pipet Devel] Re: thoughts on UI->DL communication

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca
Fri Apr 14 13:32:52 EDT 2000

> I gave my linux a refresh, also installed gcc 2.9.5, but still got this
> comilation error:
> ---cut---
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/usr/install/interesing/Overflow-0.1.0/audio_blocks/src'
> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile c++ -DLINUX=1 -DPROTOTYPES=1 -DHAVE_LIBM=1  -I.
> -I.  -I../../data-flow/include -I../include -I/usr/local/include    -g -O2 -c
> FFT.cc
> rm -f .libs/FFT.lo
> c++ -DLINUX=1 -DPROTOTYPES=1 -DHAVE_LIBM=1 -I. -I. -I../../data-flow/include
> -I../include -I/usr/local/include -g -O2 -c  -fPIC -DPIC FFT.cc -o .libs/FFT.lo
> FFT.cc: In method `void FFT::calculate(int, int, Buffer &)':
> FFT.cc:66: passing `float *' as argument 2 of `rfftw_one(fftw_plan_struct *,
> fftw_real *, fftw_real *)'
> ---cut---
> Did I install gcc wrong, or is this something else?

It's not a gcc problem (you have 2.95.x, right?), it's about FFTW, it sould be
configured with --enable-flow otherwise, the routines expect (double *) instead
of (float *). This is a bit annoying, but there isn't much I can do about it.

BTW, for those who have problems with some .cc files, note that most of them can
be remove and the link will still work. For instance, if you remove FFT.cc from
the build, the FFT node will just not appear in the menu.

> > Also, I guess we should all agree on a version of libXML. They broke source
> > compatibility twice after the release I'm using (1.7.3). For 1.8 it was minor,
> > but they changed all the names in version 2.
>
> Ic, what do you think about stability\features, which version is best?
> And which version would requier as less work as possible?

Don't know. Anybody's using XML yet? I guess we could have the code handle all
1.x releases... and then decide when we switch to 2.x (I don't think distros
have shipped with 2.x yet).

	Jean-Marc