[Pipet Devel] Snazzy CVS commits

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Sat Aug 5 07:57:51 EDT 2000

jarl wrote:
>  Does this mean the UI and DL are communicating thruogh Corba already?

Yuppers. This feature has actually been in there for a while and so the
IDL is "semi-stable" (although now we might make a few name changes to
make things more compiant with our current naming scheme for things). All
of the communication is through a CORBA interface (no cheating at all :-)
so we are ready at any time for someone to write a user interface in a
different language. Additionally, the user interface should not have to
access the filesystem at all, so we should be able to run a user
interface on one machine and the definition layer on another. Of course,
right now things are just set up to run everything on the same machine,
but in the future we should be able to add hooks to do stuff like this
without too many problems. Now I remember why I like CORBA so much :-)