[Pipet Devel] pipet-devel mailing list

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Tue Dec 19 08:58:36 EST 2000

Pipers,

We created a mailing list specifically and exclusively for the actual Piper
developers.  This is to keep the traffic down on the piper-general
(pipet-devel) list.  At this point in the development of the project, there is
a need for separate user/lurker and developer lists, because not everyone on
piper-general wants to get 50 messages in one day about some bug we're trying
to fix :-)

But note that, just because the pipet-devel list is only for developers, it
DOESN't mean that development is closed and private.  In fact, the archives
are public, and there is no restriction on posting.

If at some point you are ready to contribute code to Piper, you will be added
to pipet-devel :-)  Here's hoping the list will be large someday.

Cheers.
Jeff
J.W. Bizzaro                                           jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org: The Open Lab     http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"All those scientists--they're all alike!  They say they're working for us,
but what they really want is to rule the world!"
  -- Angry Villager, Young Frankenstein