[Pipet Devel] DB2XML

David Lapointe dlapointe at mediaone.net
Wed Jan 5 21:07:24 EST 2000

The perl-XML group has been working on this problem, too.

Try http://www.activestate.com/lyris/.  Once there visit the perl-xml and search on database.

DBIx::XML is one module  that dovetails into some standardardized perl database code. Another thread
is about mysql->exportxml..

On another note, DB2XML "relies on the functionality of the JDBC (or ODBC) driver in use"  which may or may not be
one of those roads to go down.

On Wed, 05 Jan 2000, Gary Van Domselaar wrote:
> Locians,
> Jeff and I have been searching (mostly in vain) for a GPL XML DBMS.  We
> have found the following link, which we may resort to instead:
> http://www.informatik.fh-wiesbaden.de/~turau/DB2XML/
> It is a java program, but it it worth checking for to see if the concept
> of transforming relational data into XML is feasable for Loci.  Comments
> welcome!
> -Gary and Jeff

 David Lapointe
Do Not Attribute To Malice
That Which Can Be Attributed To Stupidity