[Pipet Devel] new directory structure

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Fri Jan 14 21:25:45 EST 2000

Locians,

Attached is an updated proposal for a new Loci directory structure.

Gary and I spoke about using the UNIX standard for installing an application:
everything goes in /usr/lib, /usr/bin, /etc, and /usr/doc (or replace /usr
with /usr/local for some systems).  But considering how Python works (a
dispersed installation would mean adding a bit to the Python path) and that we
won't have one big binary executable to put in /usr/bin, like traditional
C/UNIX programs, I propose we use one Loci directory for all but
documentation.  What do you think?

Brad, the module is not up yet, but I'll put it there shortly.