[Pipet Devel] Overflow/gms integration into Piper

jarl van katwijk jarl at casema.net
Wed Jul 5 00:39:33 EDT 2000

>     So in order to do this, we would need to have the Overflow C++
> files in the piper module. So, I was wondering about how people felt
> about putting Overflow and also GMS into Piper as bl and pl
> directories, respectively. I've talked with Jarl about this a bit and
> I think he might almost be ready to do this. From Overflow, I would
> just like to put in the 'data-flow' directory for now, since this will
> give us the "basic" nodes for doing things. Putting things into Piper
> will also bring us closer to integration, which I also like :-).
>     So, what does everything think about this? Objections? Thoughts?
> Comments? Are there better ways to move forward?
>     Thanks for listening!

I have no problem with intergrating GMS into the piper cvs, but 1st a few TODO's
need to be finished:
1- debugging of previous work
2- removal of gnome dependancies in the dataflow processor (
3- some 'primitive' linking with overflow

1 & 2 are mostly done, and when they are finished I'll start working on 3. After
this I'll take action to have GMS put into cvs.

bye,
jarl