[Pipet Devel] BL status

jarl van katwijk jarl at casema.net
Mon Jul 31 01:01:40 EDT 2000

Hi All,

I've been pretty quiete last few weeks, very buzy with my day-time job & getting
GMS ready to forfill the BL tasks.

1. I've been working on getting the BL to be highly extendable and flexible,
this work seems acceptable.
2. I've removed all gnome dependancies. This was the hardest TODO entry
I guess.. not technically, but mentally, and I hope gnome will be accepted into
the PIper project again soon, once people will see it's advantages.
3. Based the corba on cpp-orbit. This implies Piper will need Orbit AND the
cpp-orbit bindings.
4. Porting the sources to c++. Currenly all sources do compile with a
c++ compiler, but they do not yet link. This is mainly because the corba
generated sources that are now c++ object bases, so I've to rewrite much lines
of code in the GMS sources.

Once I've c++ BL binairies I'll start working on lining the Overflow libries to
GMS and develope an BL->PL api. If Jean-Mark has some time to spare we'll work
together I hope.

bye,
jarl