[Pipet Devel] IRC log on XML design/Overflow inclusion in Piper

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Mon Jun 12 00:37:35 EDT 2000

I wrote:
>> We were talking about node IDs. And, yup, I think names are better,
as
>> Jean-Marc suggested. I'll switch stuff over to using this and phase
>> out ids. And nope, we don't need anything fancy like URIs for
inputs.

Jean-Marc wrote:
> Perhaps we were discussing two different things at once. I was
talking about
> inputs ids for nodes. I don't care about nodes having a name of ID
(in
> Overflow,
> nodes have a name, which is usually node1, node2, ...). However, it
is
> important
> that we can connect nodes using an input (or output) name, and not
an id.

Ooops, sorry. That first sentence of mine should say: 'We were talkign
about I/O IDs.' We were talking about the same thing, Jean-Marc, I
just wrote the wrong thing in my reply to Jeff. *smack self on
forehead*. I apologize for being confusing. In our discussion we were
talking about naming I/Os, and didn't talk about naming Nodes at all
(at least, I wasn't talking about it :-). I'm completely on the same
page with you in terms of using input/output names and not ids. Okay,
stop writing now Brad, before you screw up again...

Brad