[Pipet Devel] Peep update

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Mon Jun 12 06:50:23 EDT 2000

deanne at density.biop.umich.edu wrote:

> ((( > <peep> nodeset
> >
> > Enter the number of  the new node: 2
>
> Okay, maybe this is just a test/example, but node numbering should be
> automatic...probably handled by the UI (not the DL). )))
>
> ..but I can see here that you could have also meant that the UI processes
> the information AFTER the DL feeds it to the UI. I took it to mean that
> you wanted the UI to do the numbering for the DL.

I was talking about pure presentation, not anything that means anything to the
DL.

For example, the DL tells Peep that a certain node has an output pipe
called...

    supercalifredulisticipsialidocious

But, for the sake of making things simple for the user, Peep shows the pipe as
being named...

    2

So, the user says...

  "Do this with 2"

And Peep tells the DL...

   "Do this with supercalifredulisticipsialidocious"

Yes, the UI's can do a little bit beyond relaying messages between user and
DL, but still, 99% of what the UI's do is PRESENTATION.  (Don't ask what the
other 1% is; I just don't want to put it in absolute terms ;-))

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |