[Pipet Devel] NetInputs and NetOutputs

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Tue Jun 20 04:46:15 EDT 2000

Jeff wrote:
> How so?  How are you planning on making Piper "load" Overflow XML?

Well, we need to have some kind of support for being able to save the
state of a Piper program, and then retrieve it later, and the way I
was planning on doing this was using the XML format that Overflow uses
for it's '.n' files. As I mentioned, Piper can produce this format
right now, so now I just need to learn to read it. This will also
allow Jean-Marc to be able to re-use all his current stuff from
Overflow, which is very important.
    I'm not really positive yet how the best way to read the format
will be (I'll either wrap the Overflow classes that already do this,
or just get the information from the file myself). But either way, I
was then planning on converting this into the "build time" xml format
(which is lots of XML files--one for each node). I just finished doing
the stuff necessary to make it possible to load information from this
xml format into the user interface (see the latest cvs for this), but
this will definately change some when we add the "View" part, since
then I can manipulate the UI directly, instead of the weird way I'm
doing it now.
    Anyways, this is my plan. Hopefully I made some sense :-).