[Pipet Devel] icons

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca
Tue Jun 20 11:04:32 EDT 2000

> > Jean-Marc and Brad, could you list the basic Overflow nodes not
> listed above?
> >
> >    Interator
> >    Decision?
> >    ?
>
> Jeff, there are a whole ton of them, especially if you start including
> the speech/sound processing stuff that Jean-Marc is using. To get a
> full list, fire up a recent Overflow and look pop-up menu for
> 'new-node's you can add. Since there are so many, I don't really think
> it would be very feasible or productive to start thinking about icons
> for all these right now, especially since we need a lot of pure
> functionality (like all the stuff you talked about yesterday :-) out
> of the GUI.
>     Can we put off having a million icons for a while and just stick
> with a default for most stuff? I know it's not the prettiest, but I
> personally would rather focus on getting this thing off the ground.
> What do you think?

As Brad is saying, there are currently 120 implemented node types, so doing an
icon for each is not feasable in short-term. What could be done is having an
icon for some of the most common nodes (Add, Bub, Mul, AND, OR, Constant, Load,
Save, ...) and then we can have "category" icons like "DSP", "neural nets",
"Vector quantization", ... There are about 15 categories. Also, when building a
subnet, we should have the option to assign an icon to it.

I'd like the whole thing to look a bit like Simulink.

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique
valj01 at gel.usherb.ca