[Pipet Devel] icons

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca
Tue Jun 20 19:55:26 EDT 2000

> This is what I meant.  I'm aware that there are 100's of actual nodes and many
> more to come.  What I meant by "types" is "categories", classes, etc.  15 or
> so may be doable.

Then we agree. We should still have the ability to override category icons for
nodes that have an icon... Or simply specify an icon for every nodes, though
many can point to the same icon. I prefer the secondoption.

> > Also, when building a
> > subnet, we should have the option to assign an icon to it.
>
> Right.  Since a subnet can be made to do anything, subnet icons should be
> changable.

Actually, the user shouldn't even be able to tell the difference between a
subnet and a builtin node.

> > I'd like the whole thing to look a bit like Simulink.
>
> I'm not sure I've heard of Simulink.  Do you have a URL?

It's a Matlab toolbox that uses connected blocks to simulate systems

http://www.mathworks.com/products/simulink/
--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique
valj01 at gel.usherb.ca