[Pipet Devel] icons

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Fri Jun 23 18:22:31 EDT 2000

The saga continues.  Below are 17 icons we should probably have made for
Pied/Piper.  We need to give some idea as to what each icon should look like.
Feel free to provide a descriptions where needed.

Jean-Marc, about categorization, do you think we could put some of the more
special-purpose nodes (like VQ and NNet) in a "Misc" category?

(I'm going with a "water" theme here)

1.    Network/Subnet

          Tangled pipes

2.    Processor

          A waterwheel

3.    Format Converter

          2 pipes, different colors, connected in the middle,
          but bending to point in opposite directions (left & right),
          forming an "S" shape

4.    Viewer

          An aquarium?  :-)

5.    Empty Document

          An empty sink

6.    Filled Document

          A sink full of water

7.    Database & Filesystem

          barrel or metal drum

8.    Iterator

          3 pipes in circle, something like the "recycle" logo

9.    Logic

          A water valve (like on a faucet)

10.   Flow

          A drop of water

11.   General/Misc/Unknown

          A monkey wrench

12.   IO

          An open-ended pipe

13.   Probe

          ?

14.   Math

          Arithmatic symbols

15.   VQ (vector quantization)

          ?

16.   NNet (neural networks)

          ?

17.   Signal

          Water waves

There are also signal types, but do we really need separate icons for them
right now?

18.    Base
19.    DSP
20.    Audio