[Pipet Devel] Re: Overflow/Loci/GMS collaboration

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Tue Mar 14 11:59:04 EST 2000

Hey all;
    Thanks for the interesting discussions on collaborations. I'm very
excited to see this happening. I'll let you all do the decision making
for most of the design issues, since you've all got lots of excellent
design ideas and I'm basically just a coding monkey :-)
    I'd be more than happy to help in any way I can, which includes
both doing GUI/front end stuff in python and helping with the GMS
stuff in C. I'll probably be pretty sad in C at first, since I only
have C++ experience, and all I know about C is from staring at other
people's code, but I'm willing to work on it :) I'll be spending some
time looking at both GMS and Overflow code over the next few days and
trying to think of how we can integrate stuff with maximum reuse of
existing code (definately a worthy goal). We have lots of choices
for integrating the three languages, and hopefully we can do it
cleanly.
    Anyways, that's my short 2 cents....

Brad