[Pipet Devel] Re: [Fwd: [Pipet Devel] Re: Overflow/Loci/GMS collaboration]

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Tue Mar 14 19:31:10 EST 2000

"J.W. Bizzaro" wrote:

> Then every node would run through Overflow.  GMS could provide the
> authentication/security before handing the dataflow to Overflow.  And we
> wouldn't get a performance hit, because Overflow is so fast.

>From a Loci GUI point of view, every GMS-node would contain a minimum of 1
Overflow-node.  If no interface/widget is specified by the system, the
GMS-node's windowlet would contain an Overflow-workspace with exactly 1
Overflow-node.

If an interface/widget is specified (via GLADE XML or Bonobo), the
Overflow-workspace can be 'replaced' by that interface/widget.  This is a Loci
GUI idea we've had for a while: The user can switch back and forth between
workspace and interface/widget.  And the heirarchy of nodes in a network
determines the placement of widgets in the interface.  This may be hard to
grasp, so I'll post some more about it later.

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |