[Pipet Devel] xml database stuff

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Fri Mar 24 10:29:45 EST 2000

Jarl wrote:
> I dont get what you are trying the archive here..

I was just suggesting a way to store the xml representation, as you
thought. I should have been more clear in this regard. Sorry.
    I think we have two options:

    1. Shelve the DOM (will this work, can it be pickled? I haven't
thought
        about this? Hmm...)
    2. Shelve the XML string. This will probably require extra steps
of DOM to
        string conversion, which is bad.

> If it is 'storing the XML representation', why not pipe the file
through
> a PGP
> library?

Can you elaborate? (sorry, I'm slow :-) What is a PGP library? Or just
point me to a place to look up more info...

Brad