[Pipet Devel] Re: [Pipet Devel] Re: overflow<->loci translation and 3 basic gui objects

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Tue Mar 28 02:36:41 EST 2000

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

> If you can find a way to do that in C, you have found how to do it with
> Overflow. If not, forget it :-). I don't see how, it's really two different
> things... If I had to replace Document by something existing, I'd choose Network
> (which, remember, derives from Node!).

Then how about this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<GMSNode>
  <OverflowNetwork type="subnet" name="MAIN">
    <OverflowNode name="node1" type="Constant" x="-294.000000" y="101.000000">
      <OverflowParameter name="VALUE" type="subnet_param" value="IN"/>
    </OverflowNode>
    <OverflowLink from="node2" output="OUTPUT" to="node5" input="INPUT"/>
  </OverflowNetwork>
  <OverflowParameter name="IN" type="string" value="/data/ntt/french/*/*"/>
</GMSNode>

Or what would these be called in the newspeak?  BLNode, PLNode?

There will be SOME differences between the 2 types of networks, so we probably
shouldn't use the same words/tags for both.

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |