[Pipet Devel] 3/1 and 1/3

jarl van katwijk jarl at casema.net
Thu Mar 23 17:04:07 EST 2000

> Depends on what you mean by integrated. 90% of Overflow is just a library.
> You're actually probably better use that library in GMS instead of the
> executables. If you call that integrating Overflow in GMS, well fine, If you
> want to wrap the executable, fine too (though I don't think it's the best way).
> If you want to take some chunks of code and put that in GMS... have fun(good
> luck)!

Using the libraries is by far the best methode.
I dont want a physical intergration, but there has got to come a general design:
which member does what?

Example: It's absolutely no problem to me that Overflow can connect to
non-local subnets\nodes, but for the collaboration's sake Overflow should
have support to disable this.
Ex2: GMS will continue to support it's own GUI, I like it for testing.

All the flowcharts describe the collaborated situation.

> My only constraint is that I want to be able to use Overflow as a stand alone
> application.

Agreed.