[Pipet Devel] gui protocol revisited

jarl van katwijk jarl at casema.net
Fri Mar 24 19:09:49 EST 2000

> > 1) applications can supply a VSH 'script' that intergrate that application to
> > VSH,
>
> You're talking about wrapping or plugging-in a foreign application, correct?

Yes. See also the GConf project.
It's about 'programs registring into gnome', so much relavant info is availeble
for wrapping an application. Less need to build code for every single application,

maybe we could write a general one once we use GConf.

Example: A email applet could simply register itself as a handler for the smtp
and pop mimetypes. GMS will collect this data from the gconf database, and
export the needed structure to activate this dataflow inside Overflow.

> What do you think about having Overflow be the 'wrapping environment'?  By
> this I mean the wrapping 'script' is an Overflow network.

I think that we have the same design in mind.