[Pipet Devel] UI/DL and selection WAS executing a network script

jarl van katwijk jarl at casema.net
Fri May 5 05:01:05 EDT 2000

> > BTW, I would like the DL to keep track of the nodes that are
> selected.  IOW,
> I don't think this will work with the streaming XML api.

Cant give every node a list of flags that represents wheter a node's
selected = True or something else. False most of the time.

> In my opinion, this is too much of a mess under the streaming XML
> dialog API

? explain please.

> we need to rethink things, and use CORBA to do the communication. Then

nice corba :)

> instead of all that xml. The dl is also not designed with this kind of
> fine scale stuff in mind since I thought we were just dealing with
> large scale changes and not details like this, so we would also need
> to rethink things there.

because non lineair node access makes troubble?
Shouldn't this kinda access already be there? The UI user can do anything
at anytime.

>     One of the reasons why I brought up the Berlin project on the list
> the other day is that I thought it might be a good model to help us
> figure out some of our design issues. They are working with having the
> whole GUI go through CORBA, and have it down to a set of idl
> interfaces, so there is probably a lot we can learn from there. But
> maybe I was off-base in seeing the similarity between the projects...

I read the site, and I didn't really saw the relanvance. Just the fact they
use corba everywhere or is there more?