[Pipet Devel] Gnome 1.2 and Overflow

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca
Fri May 26 01:08:07 EDT 2000

Hi everyone,

This may be of interrest to some people. I've just tried gnome 1.2 (Helix). The
good news is that it doesn't break source or binary compatibility with Overflow.
The bad news is that there is one bug and one "very undesirable feature". The
bug is in the text canvas item and make the boxes around nodes too large.

The "very undesirable feature" concerns those who run gnome with a locale that
use the "," as a decimal mark. For me (I use the french locale), the floating
point numbers are printed and parsed with a "," insteat of a ".", which breaks
everything. This affects C++ streams. I don't know whether the printf and scanf
are affected. The only way around is to unset the language environment
variables.

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique
valj01 at gel.usherb.ca