[Pipet Devel] Communication DL->BL

jarl van katwijk jarl at casema.net
Mon May 29 14:31:01 EDT 2000

>     I've been thinking a lot about how to start getting Overflow
> integrated into Piper so that we can start getting all three programs
> working together to actually start doing something. Towards this goal,
> I went back to the simple example of using the unix command "ls" as
> our starting point. What I'd like to try and do is use the Overflow
> ExecStream class (in data-flow/src/ExecStream.cc), which runs a
> command line argument, returning the output as a string. So the simple
> goal is to re-do what I had going a long time ago (but now in a real
> format that will actually do something more interesting later) and
> pipe the output of an ls statement into a text viewer.

Sorry Brad bout this late response. I've just a very small reply: this proposal
sounds fine to me, lets use it to get the 1st Piper stream running!

For everybody's pleasure: I've been working on the DL->BL corba communication
layer , and after some horrible problems, it's working now. It's now finished,
but the DL Python code IS calling a BL C function. After this it's just a matter
of getting the other corba functions running the way this 1st one does.
I'll inform you people when you can checkout the fully communicating sources.