[Pipet Devel] Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Mon Nov 6 19:04:00 EST 2000

Brad Chapman wrote:

> The idea of Parameters are "borrowed" from the UNIX command line, so
> that Parameters are supposed to be like command line options. So
> inputs and outputs describe the information that passes in and out of
> a Node, and the parameters can affect how the Node processes the
> inputs to produce the outputs.

This is because Piper draws very strongly from the UNIX paradigm, and it
should continue to do so in any new features.  Not very helpful, but it's my
$0.02 on the subject :-)

J.W. Bizzaro                                           jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org: The Open Lab     http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
               -- Martin Luther King, Jr.