[Pipet Devel] Overflow update

Jean-Marc Valin valj01 at gel.usherb.ca
Wed Nov 22 01:26:56 EST 2000

Hi everybody!

I just committed major Overflow changes and would like to get some feedback. One
of these changes is a redesign of the Overflow Stream classes which, I hope will
allow egcs 1.1.2 (that ships with Redhat 6.x) to compile. So give it a try! I
hope I didn't break anything, but there's just one way to know ;-)

The changes include:
- Stream class rewite (should work with egcs 1.1.2?)
- Node optimizations (the overhead is down from 2 us/node to 1.2 us/node!)
- New (faster) Vector allocation scheme
- New Bugs(TM)
- ...

So test it, have fun, report bugs!

	Jean-Marc

P.S. Note that for now, any node that derives from FrameOperation is broken and
will need to be rewritten to use BufferedNode instead.

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique
valj01 at gel.usherb.ca