[Pipet Devel] Narval?

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Sun Oct 1 23:49:16 EDT 2000

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> The Narval project looks like a pretty new project though. And though
> there may be a difference in focus, look at the technological
> similarities -- connecting resources into programs or recipies, use of
> XML as a backend. Use of Python. Use of a GUI to do this kind of thing.
> I think there are synergies both in the focus (which is I think still
> fairly close to Piper), and definitely the technology.

I'll be lazy and ask you something I could find out myself: Has Narval
developed their infrastructure yet?

The reason I ask is because Piper can be used as the infrastructure for other
systems.  We started an API standards group for just such a thing:

    DNP-API mailing list
    http://bioinformatics.org/mailman/listinfo/dnp-api

Maybe they'd like to join.  (Anyone else?)

Who is the person you have been in contact with at Narval?

J.W. Bizzaro                                           jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org: The Open Lab     http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
               -- Martin Luther King, Jr.