[Pipet Devel] progress

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Tue Oct 31 20:04:53 EST 2000

All quiet on the western front.

Although we haven't posted any messages in the last couple weeks, Jarl and I
have been making slow progress.  Jarl has been working on the BL, getting the
original user interface to work using C++ and CORBA.  This will help us track
the communication between Internet-distributed instances of Piper.

I helped Jarl to commit the new code to the Piper module.  Anyone with a shell
account can check it out, but it compiles separately from the Piper stuff (go
into the BL directory).  We would appreciate any comments on the new BL code
at this time.  If you do not have a shell account, and would like get the
code, let me know and I can make a tarball.  Anonymous CVS won't be working
for a couple more weeks.

I also have some changes to the Pied/Piper user interface that have yet to be
committed.  It would be nice if we could get a functional BL and the new
Pied/Piper into CVS at about the same time.

So, things are still progressing.  Anyone wishing to help should try to get
Piper installed and running, and contact us about any problems, suggestions,
or ideas that they are willing to help with.

J.W. Bizzaro                                           jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org: The Open Lab     http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
               -- Martin Luther King, Jr.