[Pipet Devel] BlueBox

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Mon Sep 4 12:38:04 EDT 2000

Greetings.

Before Brad and I found out about ISYS and OpenBSA, we planned on a
collaboration with the developers of BlueBox (developed by dLoo Software and
licensed under the LGPL):

  http://www.dloo.com/products/index.html

I'm trying to get Nile Geisinger (head developer of BlueBox) on this list.  In
the meantime, I think you might want to take a close look at BlueBox.  I
believe OpenBSA, ISYS, and BlueBox have a great deal in common.

Also, the thought has been brought up more than once (even with Nile) that
Piper may be best used as a pipeline infrastructure for systems like BlueBox,
OpenBSA, and ISYS, and that Piper should generally leave the user interface
end of operations to those systems.  I think this may be the working ground
for DNP API specifications.

J.W. Bizzaro                                           jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org: The Open Lab     http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
               -- Martin Luther King, Jr.