[Pipet Devel] BlueBox

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca
Mon Sep 4 13:33:45 EDT 2000

> Also, the thought has been brought up more than once (even with Nile) that
> Piper may be best used as a pipeline infrastructure for systems like BlueBox,
> OpenBSA, and ISYS, and that Piper should generally leave the user interface
> end of operations to those systems.

I actually think Piper will require many user interfaces, since users will be
doing things so different with it. For example, you can use Piper just to
replace the pipes on the command-line (for non-technical users), while you can
use it to do distributed parallel calculations for [signal
processing/bioinformatics/artificial intelligence], or for fast real-time sound
effect processing. I don't think one (or even a few) UI can fit all needs.

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique
valj01 at gel.usherb.ca