[Pipet Devel] Licensing issues

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Fri Sep 8 07:20:46 EDT 2000

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

> You can allow more that stated in the (L)GPL, but you cannot add restriction.

True, I did not consider that.

However, we must keep in mind that at some point CORBA linking may become
illegal for the GPL.  If we choose the GPL, we can specifically permit CORBA
linking for certain cases.  Other cases could then be left illegal for non-GPL
programs (3rd party BL, for example).  But, do we want to wait?

J.W. Bizzaro                                           jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org: The Open Lab     http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
               -- Martin Luther King, Jr.