[Pipet Devel] BL->PL design

jarl van katwijk jarl at casema.net
Sun Sep 10 00:23:06 EDT 2000

> > I would *very* much like to see this. Right now I am really lost as to
> > where Piper is going next and what stuff we should be coding on.
>
> Oops.. perhaps I got misunderstood... I don't really have time for that... at
> least not until I come back from Chicago (Cpeech Coding Workshop... not
> everybody is doing bioinformatics :-) ) on the 20th.

OK, that leaves this work to me :( I'll hope to have it done tomorrow..

> I think Jarl's numbering scheme is roughly the same as what I am suggesting, but
> all with numbers. I think we agree on the principle of a uniform address scheme.

Thinking same thing, JM and I (and Brad because he participated in the dl->bl
scretch
api) want to have the same thing: a Piper wide relocation id. I dont really care
how it will
be actually implemented, as long as it will be there.