[Pipet Devel] GPL/LGPL issues

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Mon Sep 11 19:30:35 EDT 2000

Brad Chapman wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
> >  Give me an example of a "plugin" for Piper.  Will a plugin work via
> >  CORBA?
> I think a plugin is any "node" that runs under Piper. So a TextViewer is
> a plugin, a NetExec is a plugin, etc. I think that there should be a
> CORBA interface to write plugins in, but there is also the current
> linking system (writing the plugins in C++), so I think there will be
> both CORBA and non-CORBA plugins, eventually.

Okay.  But, as I've mentioned a number of times before, we need to write an
exception for these in our license.  Providing they are operating as nodes,
they can use any license.

J.W. Bizzaro                                           jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org: The Open Lab     http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
               -- Martin Luther King, Jr.