[Pipet Devel] dl2bl file not written

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Sun Feb 25 23:46:24 EST 2001

I'm getting an error that indicates the DL2BL IOR file is not being written:

jeff at dexter:jeff> piper
rm: cannot remove `/home/jeff/piper_info/ior/*': No such file or directory
Starting processing layer...
Starting brokering layer...
Starting definition layer...
Starting pied...
Message: Piper BL 0.4.0pre10
wrote IOR file /home/jeff/piper_info/ior/bl2pl.ior
ior file:  /home/jeff/piper_info/ior/dl2bl.ior
Wrote IOR file /home/jeff/piper_info/ior/uil2dl.ior
Getting document...
Connecting with the bl...
IOR file for Brokering Layer not found.
Connection with BL not established.

It should be written by the BL, right?

I'm a bit confused, since I upgraded to GLIBC 2.2, and I'm not sure if that is
causing this problem somehow.

J.W. Bizzaro                                           jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org: The Open Lab     http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"All those scientists--they're all alike!  They say they're working for us,
but what they really want is to rule the world!"
  -- Angry Villager, Young Frankenstein