[Pipet Users] Pipers

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Tue Apr 17 14:01:38 EDT 2001

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

> Really, I don't see much problem with two projects being called Piper...
> and no reason for either of the two projects to change its name... just
> my $.02...

Except that Freshmeat won't allow us to announce our project as "Piper",
since that name has already been used.  *sigh*

Anyway, others here might want to note that the same thing happened at
SourceForge.net, although that "Piper" is yet another project:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/piper

It makes me wonder if we should use the name "GNU Piper" instead.

Cheers.
Jeff