[Pipet Users] Khoros and Cantata

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Sun Feb 11 12:49:20 EST 2001

"J.W. Bizzaro" wrote:

>         Loci had a fancy visual scripting shell, which GMS and
>        (to some extent) Overflow lacked

One other thing: Regarding the separation of the UIL from the DL (via RPC),
and allowing multiple UIL's per DL, that came from Loci.  FYI.

Brad Chapman actually developed the DL.  I started Loci from the GUI end (I
like developing user interfaces), and when Brad came along, he put some meat
behind it with the DL.  From then on, we worked on separate code bases (except
Brad also did a lot to the Loci UI).

So the modularization that you see is really an artifact of the different code
bases and coders:

    Jeff <----------> Brad <----------> Jarl <----------> Jean-Marc

Jeff
J.W. Bizzaro                                           jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org: The Open Lab     http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"All those scientists--they're all alike!  They say they're working for us,
but what they really want is to rule the world!"
  -- Angry Villager, Young Frankenstein