[Pipet Users] Command Compilation in Piper: A Discourse

Jean-Marc Valin valj01 at gel.usherb.ca
Mon Feb 12 22:25:52 EST 2001

> BTW, I would love to get some comments on this, especially from Jean-Marc, as
> it is the PL which would have to implement all of it.  (I know that the PL can
> do much of it already).

OK, these are just some quick comments I can make. Note that I read everything
quickly, you guys generate a lot more stuff than I have time to read...

I'd like to comment on your use of "processor", "flag" and "filemane" type of
nodes. For Overflow  (PL), a Node is a Node and there's no such discrimination.

I'm attaching a screenshot (taken with vflow) of how I see building command
lines in Piper. Here, the Constant would contain the string -I, and the INI and
POV inputs would contain the two filenames (as strings). The ExecStream Node
would have povray as a parameter. The Add nodes would just concatenate strings
together. Now, the whole network you see could be used as a simple node that
would take two strings as input. Does that make sense to you?

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique
valj01 at gel.usherb.ca